We have now ceased running our Long Course and have no plans to run it again in the future.
We have a very popular Short Course programme including our 5-day Beginners, 5-day Box Making, 5-day Table Making, 3-day Routing and 2-day French Polishing courses.
You may also be interested in Peter’s range of DVD’s (also available as Downloads) which can be purchased via Wood Workers Workshop, linked below
• Where are you located?
The Furniture School is situated in the grounds of a 17th Century oak framed Threshing Barn on a three acre farmstead just a mile outside the picturesque riverside town of Upton-upon-Severn. There isn’t an industrial estate in sight; just beautiful views of the Malvern Hills - it's an idyllic location to learn in - just follow our Find Us link.
Whether it’s the tranquillity of the countryside and the Cotswolds or the buzz of the city, culture and theatres you prefer, our central location ensures a variety of destinations are easily accessible. Stratford is a 45 minute drive away, you can be in Birmingham and Bristol within an hour, or London in two hours.
Our location means that we can offer a wide variety of Student Visits for research, ranging from those on our doorstep in the Cotswolds, to visiting international exhibitions in London. All are carefully selected to provide inspiration and an appreciation of craftsmanship, as well as a practical understanding of the skills needed to become a successful furniture maker.
• What sort of Workshops and Facilities to do you have?
Our workshops are purpose built, and have been designed as home to our Furniture School; all students have the use of:
• Extensive and well equipped, modern machine Workshop
• Naturally lit, and very spacious Bench Workshop
• Variety of Veneering and Laminating Equipment
• Design Studio and Library with many Reference Books and current Journals
• Storage Areas for Timber, Veneer and Student Projects
• Fully equipped Student Kitchen and PC Area
• Gardens and Paddocks for relaxing
• Ample car parking